2008年12月1日 星期一

Exam issue

Contrasting to old methods of education, now teachers change their way to teach students to write. Instead of writing instruction from finished products, they like to let students experience the process of writing. Moreover, teachers also want student to try different kinds of article and to share their writings to different rages of people. Some promoters which support this method teach students to know some kinds of literary form and their relationships to mode, aim, audience and media. In addition, we can not deny that computer has shifted composition. In most newly schools, they set some computers in classroom, and even make an area which provides students with computers to write, and teachers also teach students how to use online resource. Due to benefit from nonprint media to modern writers, teachers also should suggest students involve in writing for media.
According to this article, we can deeply know that we can not just use old way to write nowadays. Going through the whole process instead of learning from finished products maybe is really good to us, because we can more realize our work. For example, when we start to plan our topic, we can choose what we want to write and which information we want to use. Furthermore, when write the article which we are interested in, we may encounter less choke points, and even though we have some difficulties, we also can solve it with less unhappiness. Besides, I agree with the point of view that we should write not only for teachers but also for real audience. Because writing has some influence, it might change people’s concept and decision. Through writing articles, we can find some problems by chance which we do not pay much attention to. Or, even though we ever notice those issues, we do not realize its reason and situation until we look for some information to write them.
I also admit that computer plays an important role in writing. When I was a freshman in English department, I was unfamiliar to using computer to write, and I thought it would obstruct me to think what I want to express. However, one year passed, I have found the advantages of writing on computer. Computer’s function make me need not to re-write all article when I want to add new ideas or delete some wrong paragraphs. And surfing on the Internet to look for information is more convenient than in library. Since I overcame the sense of exclusion to computer writing, my writing has become more abundant.
I think this shift is good for us. It makes us contact people’s issue more than before, and let us know the reason why should we writ issues. If we do not participate in whole process of writing, we can not know the interest. And writing on computer is more efficiently, writing for media will make your idea more popular. The appropriate change will be good for us and we also need to prepare new attitude to accept it.

10 則留言:

Dimitri HSU 提到...

There are some grammatical errors that you might want to correct. Like you have two verbs in a sentence. Or you need to change some nouns to plurality form. And maybe, if you want to, you could probably avoid the repetition of "I think." Just some suggestions.

Hsiao Hsuan 提到...

I use the same example as you. And your structure of the essay is very clear to understand step by step. Summary part and then your opinion toward the original essay and then conclusion, so you really follow what the reference book has mentioned. Also, you use the transition words properly.

namelessa 提到...

It's interesting to know different idea about writing on computer.Since lots of people mentioned that they totally agree with writing on computer at the beginning, your opinion is so unique.
Besides,I found some slight problems of grammar, such as "most newly school".I just wondering whether the method of use is correct.

sope2010 提到...

--- You had added some of your own experience in the reflection and that was cool. Furthermore, you had stated your point of view in the last paragraph and that corresponded to the condition of a good reflection. However, there are some tense and grammatical problems that you might want to consider changing them.

Beverly 提到...

I think people's issue has lots to talk about it.
And using blog can let more people to share your ideas
and thoughts to discuss more interesting ideas.
I think it is very good to use blog because your thoughts
can be challenged by many people.
And only great work can be provinced and long-lasting.

Joyce 提到...

Actually I have the same feelings as well as you that one year’s training of writing article in computer makes me more accustom to this way of writing. Besides, I think it is cool that you give your experiences as the examples to strengthen the ideas of the original article.

柯志儒 提到...

After reading your exam essay, I think that it would be great if you would try to read your essay one more time and try to find if there is any grammar mistake in your essay. Other than that, I think you did a good job on your essay. Keep on working!

Elsa 提到...

I agree with you that we should know why we write and whom we write for. Besides, you also take your own experience to support your ideas. It might be helpful for you to compare your essay with Candy's. In the last paragraph, I think you can change the word "interest" into "pleasure",and strengthen the importance of writing process.

Claire 提到...

In my personal viewpoint, I think you can put your summary’s work cited in the first to make people much clear. And between paragraphs, I think you can find the tense connection and you can focus one point you are interested in to demonstrate the readers more ideas. Moreover, you can condense your ideas and check the grammar again.

Wendy 提到...

Your summary of the original article is good. In the third paragraph, you share your experience with the readers. But, you almost use “I” as the subject of every sentence. Try to use different structures to write the sentences and compose your article will make it become better work.