2008年12月23日 星期二

immigrant families

Mary Anne Domokos Cheng. Retrieved December 24 ,2008 From:http://www.ncela.gwu.edu/pathways/immigration/counseling.htm

This author tells us about what is “immigrant family” and what kinds of difficulties they will encounter during adaptation process. In addition, the author says that counselor is helpful to them, because he or she can become a role who would know situation of each members of family, and then builds a bridge between them. These ideas give me a new concept. I have not thought that family also has problems until I read this essay. Perhaps, once the problems are solved in family first, the new social identity in their new environment would be lesser pressure on them.

3 則留言:

namelessa 提到...

It is said that outsider can know well of the situation, and this case is just a good example. Sometimes the people involved in the problems need counselors to help them figure out the answers.
As basic problems in the family are solved, the social identity would surely become easier to them.

Hsiao Hsuan 提到...

This topic reminds me of a movie called "Joy Luck Club". It talks about how difficult the life was in America in Chinese immigrants' point of view. It's a great movie that I want to recommand to you.

Wendy 提到...

The family of new immigrants indeed will have problems when adapting the new environment. With counselor’s help, they can know better about their problems and solve them. I think whether all family members can trust each other is also an important thing.