2009年1月9日 星期五

meeting with teacher(2) (revise)


Before meeting with my teacher, Emma Liang, I wrote an outline of my research paper to discuss. I asked teacher Liang how to arrange it would be great, and she told me that I could choose the appropriate part of my interview about foreign students to support some main ideas in different paragraphs.
In addition, teacher Liang told me some faults in my article. For example, sometimes I use wrong adverbs to link sentences together, so she suggest me to read the last chapter to know how to use them. Besides, I also make some mistakes about wrong on sentence and wrong format about source.
In the last group discussion, my group members give me some ideas before I go to interview a denizen bride, who is from China and is just twenty two years old. During the interview, I think she is so passionate. She is willing to provide any her experiences such as culture shock and culture identity. After interview, she even introduced some special things in the New Immigrant Center for Learning, and even invited me to see the performance hold here tomorrow. Besides, before interviewing the denizen bride, I also chatted with the exchanged student in my class and my friend, Shawn, who is studying aboard in Japan. After these interviews, I realized that the culture shock existed worldwide deeply and the culture adaptation is so important.
After these three interviews, I felt these conversations are more useful than information on Internet. Real interacting is a great way to realize the true attitudes of immigrants or emigrants, and all of them are so passionate to answer my questions. In addition, from their experience I know that all of them are worthy of respecting, because they are so brave to live in the unfamiliar country. If I were them, I have no confidence to overcome the culture shock. Now, I realize studying aboard is not as easy as I imagine.
This is the first time I try to interview somebody for my report. If I have more time, I want to interview Rich Lee the director of “Detour Paradise” . He is my English teacher in cram school when I was a senior student. In that time, he told us why he wanted to direct the movie which the topic is about foreign labors. Maybe the reason why I wanted to choose this topic is related to him. However, I think it is unfortunately that this movie can not be displayed in most movies theaters. If I have more time, I want to ask him more about his reflection of making this movie. Maybe if I finish seeing this movie, I can write more reflection and some new ideas in my final paper.
I will improve these defects as soon as possible and arrange my interview to support the main ideas of my report. I hope I can show better research paper in the end of this semester because many my friends provide a lot of their ideas for me.

沒有留言: