1. Paper outlines including the title and 1-3 keywords (e.g., euthanasia, gayand lesbian marriage, animal rights, etc). Do you search information using thesekeywords? In English or Chinese? Why?
Title: Racial Discrimination: just made by white man?
Key words: culture shock , culture adaption, immigrant's identity.
Outline: Introduction
culture shock
culture adaption(family and policy)
racial identity
Conclusion
(and I will support them by some of my interview)
I do my research in English because this issue is popular in foreign countries.
2. 4 full citations (see the previous email for the APA formats) including library and Web sources and their intended audiences (e.g., general, academic, customers, peers and friends, other). Are you satisfied with the quality of these resources? What difficulty do you encounter?
(1)immigrant family,
Mary Anne Domokos Cheng. Retrieved December 24 ,2008 From:http://www.ncela.gwu.edu/pathways/immigration/counseling.htm
I had never known the family members have influence on personal identity.
For me this is a new idea, and I agree with it.
(2)Racial identity
Sharon Jayson ( 12/09/2008) from USA Today [electronic version] EBSCOhost. Retrieved December 11th, 2008. Fromhttp://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=4&hid=17&sid=264661a6-04c3-4671-b62e-51d1379c5c84%40SRCSM1&bdata=JmFtcDtsYW5nPXpoLXR3JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=aph&AN=J0E055336668908
This example is so new and fit to my topic.
(3)culture shock and adaption
Michael Winkelman(No date) Retrieved November 13th.
From http://www.asu.edu/clas/shesc/projects/bajaethnography/shock.htm
This essay gives me a clear definition about what culture shock is and what culture shocks is.
But sometimes I have some problems in the professional medical words.
(4)the policy of immigrant problem.
1.The problem isn't the immigrants, but America's immigration policyPeter Desrochers January 16, 2008. Retrieved December 24th, 2008.From http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=6555482.
The problem isn't racism, it's the tidal wave of immigrantsKevin Myers September 05 ,2007. Retrieved December 24th, 2008.From http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/the-problem-isnt-racism-its-the-tidal-wave-of-immigrants-1071385.html
These two authors have different attitudes to the policy of each their countries, and both them remind me that policy also can affect people's view point to the immigrant.
3. How do you use these sources to support your own argument/opinions or as references for facts? Do you quote some words, phrases, or sentences directly from the original texts or paraphrase them?
I think I will use some of my interview to support the ideas which I agree in these essay.
4. What revisions have you made compared to your annotations? What drives you to make revisions? Do you polish your language and pay attention to cohesion and coherence in your final paper?
My group members give me some reflection when they finish reading my annotation. I think that is useful for me, because myself can not find the mistakes I do.
I will see my paper again and again to make the article fluent.
5. What perspectives have you changed compared to your issue paper? Did you add your peer's opinions? Why or why not?
I have added some sentences to make my ideas more clearly because my group members can not understand what I mean before. I regard my peers as my readers.
2009年1月8日 星期四
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)
沒有留言:
張貼留言