2008年11月9日 星期日

Meeting with Teacher Liang

Before I met with teacher Liang, I had been worried about my essay for which topic I should write” Racial Discrimination: just made by white man?” or ”Is Necessary for Cash aid For the Allies Diplomacy”. In the end, I chose former.
During discussion, teacher Liang analyzed these two topics to me. She said that former topic is a creative topic which some teachers of English department are also interested in, so I can get more information from them. By contrast, latter one is more difficult to me. After all, I am not professional of politic.
I totally agreed with teacher Liang because when I wrote first topic, I had a lot of my own idea because during high school life, my teachers made us see a lot of movies about race. However, I wanted to change my topic due to less information I searched on line. But during the procession of writing second topic, I fell into another problem that I only had little opinion, because I noticed this issue seldom. Thus, I could not write it deeply and precisely.
Teacher Liang also told me that the reason why I only searched little information is that I keyed in wrong key words. I should input the words such as “immigrant”, “cultural adaption”, “racial identity” and “international relationship”. Teacher Liang also suggested me that I can go to interview exchange student and ask them how they adapted themselves to a new condition and give a visit to foreign workers to ask them some question what is point of view they want to be given.
I thank Teacher Liang very much for helping me look for right direction of my report. If I insisted in my opinion, my report would be boring and myself would be exhausted and have no interested in it.

1 則留言:

M.Y. 提到...

As I commented on your issue paper, these two topics deal with the same issue, and you might have convenient samples for information because we have teachers and students of different nationalities here on campus. Did you find some articles using different keywords? Have you done any survey on campus?